Public transportation is rapidly becoming one of the safest and most reliable ways to commute, especially in large urban areas where the bus routes are established and have been a long running tradition. People use buses for a number of reasons; some use them as a means to visit distant places, others to get to work, and others still for school. Whatever the reason you board a bus, you have the reasonable expectation to get to your destination safely. However, it is a sad truth that this isn’t always the case. If you or a loved one was injured while riding a bus, the personal injury attorneys at the Law Firm of needaninjuryattorneymontana.com are here to help you explore all your legal options.
There are any number of reasons that people are injured on buses and the fact of the matter is that no matter who is found at fault, you are not to blame. Some of the reasons that our firm has most commonly seen from other motorists on the road are:
- Road rage – If someone is in a rush, they could tailgate the bus or cut them off, causing a collision with the bus
- Inattentive drivers – With the advances in technology, people are more distracted than ever
- DUI/DWI drivers – Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs are a common cause of motor vehicle accidents of all kinds, including buses
Some of the reasons that your driver might be found at fault can include:
- Unfamiliar routes – If your driver is unfamiliar with their route, this might lead to them panicking and trying to over correct their course or going down a one-way street, for example.
- Rushed deadlines – If your driver is running late, they could speed to make up for the time lost. This could lead to them running lights or stop signs, causing an accident.
- Fatigued drivers – Although the National Highway Safety Administration has strict guidelines on how long a driver can be behind the wheel, these guidelines can sometimes be disregarded.
Whatever the cause, bus accidents can lead to terrible injuries for the passengers of the bus because they lack the safety harnesses we have on personally owned motor vehicles. Brain injuries, broken bones, and even death can occur during these accidents. The personal injury attorneys at the Law Firm of needaninjuryattorneymontana.com are here to make sure that you have top notch legal representation during this time to help you make sense of what happened. We strive to make sure that our clients receive the kind of compensation that they deserve from the owners of these buses, whether they are public or private, and look to make sure that the responsible party is held accountable.
Our offices are located in the beautiful city of Billings, but we are proud to serve all the people of the great state of Montana. If you or a loved one was injured in a bus accident and are looking for top notch legal representation, our friendly staff is waiting to hear from you. Let us help you reclaim your life.